Sunday, April 14, 2013

You're Special...PS SPARKS: Designer Draft Challenge

A quick glance at the clock, its hands showing nearly 8:00 pm, and I'm wondering, "Where did this day go?"  My write-a-'proper'post' intention will be 'post-poned,' until tomorrow, as will my plans to catch up on some emails and phone calls.  So, if all my 'should haves' weren't done, what did I accomplish today?  Hmmm...well, in random order, I
  • signed up for an online card class, His and Hers.  If anyone wants to join me, please do! There's plenty of room and the premise of the classes is great.  I fully intend to learn something.  And do the assignments.  All of them. Declaration made now means I have to follow through, so be prepared, come April 29 to witness me being a 'very good student.'  I hope...
  • did laundry - again.  Amazing how much laundry two people accumulate.  Wait...amazing how much laundry one husband accumulates.  I ironed...husband clothing.  I'm an ironing procrastinator, only because I don't see a point in ironing until I have to, and today, was the day.  Tomorrow, my husband will be dashing in his well-ironed shirts (as long as he wears a sweater, no one will notice the crooked sleeve creases...).  Actually, he's dashing even when he's wrinkled...
  • completed my 'sous chef' tasks, leaving my husband to parachute in as chef.  Salad awaits, but that's a quick study.
  • ordered some patterned paper on line.  I couldn't resist the 'free shipping with $25 order' offer at the nearest online scrapbooking place.  Why even try resisting?  Some new (and old) EP and BasicGray coming my way.  No chevron die yet; Simon Says on the radar for that little 'necessity.'
  • baked chocolate chip cookies.  As my husband casually noted, since the cupboard was bare, "A day without chocolate chip cookies is like a day without sunshine.' The sun wasn't shining, so...a wife's gotta do what a wife's gotta do.  In my world, home-made chocolate chip cookies are a food group all on their own.  So is peanut butter.  So are hugs.
I did a few other things - 'stuff' - but I'm sure you get the drift - a day pretty much of play.  Oh yes, I also tried a couple of 'paper manipulation' things, based on some sites I checked out.  You may see the outcome later this week.  Only one was totally scrunched dismantled, due to lack of cooperation, but a couple of 'breath in...breath out...breath in...hold...aaannnddd release' set everything back into kilter.

Now, time to do a most enjoyable task:  share my entry into this week's 'way too much fun - as always' Paper Smooches SPARKS:  Designer Draft Challenge:


My card features Flap Happy and Zoo Crew stamps. Have I mentioned how much I love my PS products?  Based on how often I use them, I think it almost goes without saying, but I will anyway: love them!!!


I know -  a pink gingham zebra is a 'stretch,' but in the
realm of the PS Zoo Crew, it fits right in!  

Thanks for dropping by, and please know that your comments are welcomed and appreciated, deeply.
Wishes that your day is filled with things 'special' and whimsical!  To my 'special friend' - this one's for you! 



2 comments:

Shannon J said...

Sniff, sniff, sniff (those are tears of happiness!!!)...Oh Carol, you are the BEST! Thank you SO much for dedicating this card to me!! You have done just that - made me feel so special (you always do ;) Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have a huge smile on my face and a little extra spring in my step - all because of your thoughtfulness! HUGE HUGS to you!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I know I'm a bit late leaving a comment--- LOOOOOOOOOVE your take on this sketch! What a beautiful card-- love the mix of papers and stamps!

LOOOOOOVE how you shared what you did for the day- tooo cute:) I CANNNNNNOT pass up a good deal on shipping and patterned papers!! Can't wait to see what you make with your new goodies:)

THANKS for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!