Monday, September 15, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BEV!!!

It’s a most wonderful day of the year: the birthday of our sparkling, lovely Bev, of Happy Dance fame.  I'm excited to join Darnell and Ardyth, the masterminds behind this wonderful event.

As many of us know, Bev is a darling in our crafting community, with cards that delight, a personality that invites and welcomes, and comments that encourage, motivate and inspire.  She’s touched and enriched many of our lives; she is, in a word, a gem.


We also know that Bev is the Queen of Party Organization and Event Planner Extraordinaire, having played hostess on many occasions to bring special sparkle to someone’s celebration.  Today, I’m going to channel my ‘inner Bev,’ with some party shindigs that, hopefully, will bring a smile to her face. 
I decided to go for a ‘fall’ theme to mark our sweet friend’s day, and, in true Bev-fashion, I’ll invite us all to a toasty, cozy party spot, in this so pretty cabin...   


where we'll gather round the fireplace, and sip on some spirits warm, tasty beverages....(The recipe looks mighty tasty...)


We'll dine on a home-make autumn pizza...


or two...


then dive into a yummy floral decorated chocolate cake.


After dining, we'll endow our sweet gal with a variety of gifts...a basket filled with pretty fall flowers...


some delicately scented leaf-adorned candles...


and a gorgeous fall-coloured necklace and earrings duo...


Of course, I've made a card for Bev, and in keeping with the theme, I decided to stamp and paint her a bright, sparkly sunflower. (STAMPlorations flower, and the 'frame' is a repetitive stamping of the sunflower...) 


I love sunflowers; they radiate warmth and happiness with their vibrant colour and cheery faces. Sunflowers and Bev: the connection is clear to me, and I hope it is to you, and her, too.  You make me absolutely joyous, Bev. You are a 'sunflower' in my life!

As you've wished to many of us, I wish, in turn to you: 

Sending hugs for your birthday and best wishes today and always.  You've touched my life and the lives of many of us our here; you've enriched us all.  May God bless and keep you all the days of your life!  

Hugs~c

Hope you'll join in the birthday celebration, over at Ardyth's place!!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!

27 comments:

Darnell said...

How awesome that all of Bev's friends have parties to go to at both of our blogs for the celebration, Carol!! I love your fall theme and so will she!! And, of course, your sunflower card is beyond compare!! Hugs, Darnell

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun for Bev!

ps - CASE any of my cards you want - no permission needed :) feel free to let me know though so I can see your card! :)

Anita in France said...

I'm warm and cosy already, Carol ... is that the brightly burning fire or the yummy drinks and delicious pizza?! Bev's going to love this, as she will your beautifully coloured, shimmery, splattery sunflower ... gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Hannelie said...

I keep scrolling back to the chocolate cake Carol!
LOVE the card you made for Bev! Gorgeous sunflower!

Kylie said...

Oh I had no idea it was Bev's birthday! What a beautiful tribute to such a beautiful woman. :)

~amy~ said...

Such a fun party! Love everything, especially your gorgeous card!

Marybeth said...

Love your warm glowing fall party theme! Such a sweet and kind post for Bev. Your card is gorgeous!

Joyce said...

What a fabulous party you threw and your card is just stunning. Warm and pretty, and I am sure that Bev will love.

Ardyth said...

Forget it, Carol, we're all coming to your house - love the look of those pizzas! lol! So glad you joined us for Bev's party!

Tracey McNeely said...

I am with Ardyth, I will pick her up and we will drive across Canada for this party!! So much yummy food (drink recipe looks amazing) and fall inspiration. Bev is going to be so excited. Beautiful card too!

Marisa said...

Fabulous sunflower! So many beautiful ones out at the Farmer's Markets around here. Sure she will love this version that stays forever :)

Geri said...

This is magnificent! I am blown away with your idea to create the frame by repetitively stamping the sunflower image! AMAZING job coloring the sunflower too!

Totally enjoyed all the yummy treats too!

Brenda said...

Well I know I'd certainly enjoy a warm cozy spot in that cabin with a warm drink or two, then there's the pizza-oh yes please! Love the cake and yes to that too, the flowers will certainly cheer Bev along with the beautiful jewelry and scented candles but it will be your beautiful card that will touch her heart Carol! I love, love sunflowers too. They are so bold, so vibrant and so cheerful! I love, love your beautiful frame around your sunflower. Your card is just beautiful!!! Hugs, Brenda

Kay Miller said...

Oh can I come to this party?? I want to sit in that room and eat those pizzas! I don't know Bev, but maybe she wouldn't mind :) heheh! Your card is so pretty and all the pictures are just captivating! Bev is lucky to have such a sweet friend as you :) ((hugs))

Deepti said...

Now that's a perfect party post for Bev :) Love ur card and that frame u created :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Didn't realize that there was another party at your place - I am on my way! Who could resist all the delicacies that you are serving! And you picked the perfect presents! Bev will be delighted! Also with your sunny card! Love how you did the frame!

Patti said...

What a delightful party!! I simply love your card. That sunflower is colored perfectly!

Patti

Greta said...

Gorgeous card, Carol & your frame done with the stamp is such a brilliant idea!

Happy Dance said...

Oh you precious friend you!! What a delightful post. You got me all teary-eyed and blushing as I read this. And such a party!!!! I settled in with that yummy drink in one hand and a plateful of pizza in the other. I could almost see the room fill with all our bloggy friends from all over the world. Lots of laughter, and 'card talk.' Then we'd all gather around a giant table and the cake would never end; btw, how did you know that I adore chocolate??!! I'd sparkle in my new jewelry and shine at the love surrounding us all. Thank you for this party dear friend. And thank you for this beautiful card! I do love sunflowers; love how 'optimistic' they are; they are always reaching toward the sun. Beautiful card from a beautiful friend. Thank you so much dear heart. You're the best. xo Bev

Dana said...

Gorgeous card!! The sunflower is awesome!! I love the splatters and frame!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

So sweet Miss C. Just amazing post so kind and lovely!!!

Cindy Lovell said...

Oh,i would love to join a Party like this!!
What a sweet post for Bev!!
Your card of course is super beautiful! Love the pretty sunflower!!
HUGS

Unknown said...

Carol, you are not just an awe-inspiring crafter, but also a masterful story teller. I bet you've heard that millions of times by now, but I just couldn't help the smile when reading through your post. It was almost like being there, the way you led us through this "party". You should consider writing (if you haven't already). of course, you'd need a million disclaimers, like "Don't drink or eat while reading" (do you have any idea how often you make me burst into laughter when I read your lovely comments on my blog?) or "Don't read in public" (yeah, incontrollable giggling _does_ make the other people on the subway look at you funny, ask me how I know!). Anyways, another perfect card – I especially like how you stamped the black frame using the same flower you colored on the front! I'd never have guessed that. I'm so putting this on my list of techniques to try (and you keep expanding this list at an alarming rate, Carol!)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Gorgeous card with delightful coloring! So... when are you gonna come craft with us?

Monika Reeck said...

I think BEV loves your card..its amazing black and white card also great for masculine card if the Image is a star or a car...lovely creation as always Miss C and I miss really miss your encouragement...I thought you forget me dear..hugs, Monika

Taunya Butler said...

I think you are amazing and I love reading your posts!! You are fun and sweet and this card you made for Bev really is beautiful!! Great work!!

Shannon J said...

Well, well, well, here I am SUPER late, again!!! A few minutes tonight to do whatever I want...and of course, top of that list = visiting you!!! Okay, aren't you the most awesome-est?!! Let me answer that for you - YES YOU ARE!!! I LOVE how you are celebrating with her the same way she so heartwarmingly celebrates the birthdays of others! Your pics are delightful (and I have to admit an instant craving for homemade pizza!!). Yup, Bev is a sunflower - and so are YOU! Absolutely gorgeous card...your colouring - WOW!